Need to ride more than one bus or train to reach your destination?
An interagency transfer allows you to board one (1) additional Metro Bus, Metro Rail, or most other regional bus lines. Transfers are valid for two hours from time issued.
Tips about Interagency Transfers
- If your trip begins on Big Blue Bus, transfers can only be purchased when boarding.
- You must pay the transfer in cash.
- One paid base fare allows you to purchase one single-use transfer.
- Transfers are accepted as base fare only. They can’t be used to pay for another transfer or an upgrade fee, such as the Rapid 10 upgrade fee.
- After your transfer expires or you board a second bus, you must pay another base fare if you want to ride yet another bus.
- Altered or damaged transfers will not be accepted.
Big Blue Bus to Metro Rail (includes the Expo Line, Green Line, Red Line, Purple Line, etc.)
Ask the Big Blue Bus Operator for a "Metro Rail" transfer when boarding. The cost is $0.50 cents or $0.25 cents for S/D/M cash. You will receive a special TAP-enabled transfer that you will need to tap on the validator/turnstile when you arrive at the train station. This allows you to get through the turnstiles and looks like this:
Big Blue Bus to Metro Bus/Municipal Bus
Ask the Big Blue Bus Operator for an "Interagency Transfer" when boarding. The cost is $0.50 cents or $0.25 cents for S/D/M cash. You will receive a paper transfer that you will need to show the Operator on the next leg of your trip.
Read more about Big Blue Bus interagency transfers here: https://www.bigbluebus.com/rider-info/transferring.aspx